Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The merry, merry month of May

In my neck of the woods, May is indeed one of the merriest months for flowers, and I thought I'd share a few blooms that I've been enjoying! The iris are very happy this year, and I love the purple ones but especially the mauve and yellow ones.

A few late-blooming daffodils are still around.
 

The roses are starting to bloom …


And I'll forever be partial to the pink ones, I suppose!

Most tea lovers I know are also great fans of all things floral, so I wanted to mention a book I've been enjoying, Rachel Ashwell's newest release, My Floral Affair.

This two-page spread of pretty dishes has me hankering to spread out all my dishes and create a similar photograph, so don't be surprised if something like that turns up here soon.

And aren't these pretty pink roses and macarons simply dreamy? I'll bet some of you have this book already. If you do, what's your favorite part?


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! Spring has finally come to the mountains and I'm enjoying the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful, and the book looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful photos of your flowers! When it comes to irises, the purples are my favorites. I saw a couple of them starting to bloom earlier this week, as I walked in the Bishop's Garden of the nearby National Cathedral. That Rachel Ashwell book that you discuss looks really nice. I hope you do come up with a similar photo spread of some of your china soon--I'm looking forward to that!
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know I would love this book. It's funny, but iris is not a flower I wanted in my garden, but love seeing them in other gardens. They are so pretty, now if they only smelled sweeter. Love what I see in the pictures. Sometimes book photographs do inspire us to reproduce a picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!