Monday, December 26, 2016

The gift of tea and reflection

I don't know about you, but I find that the week after Christmas is one of my most favorite weeks of the year. After all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it's wonderful to be able to just kick back and relax, stay out of stores (yes, I really said that), and reflect on the old year and look forward to the new one. And tea friend Frances surprised me with a lovely gift that is helping me do just that!

This darling little tea-themed tote and mug mat include a quote from the great C.S. Lewis, whose "Screwtape Letters" is one of my all-time favorite books.

Also included in the tote were two items perfect for post-Christmas reflecting, a darling new teacup pocket journal and a package of teas! (Frances couldn't have known this, but I talked myself down from buying that very journal in a gift shop recently. I feel guilty shopping for myself at Christmas, but I did remember that sweet journal and wished I had it. And now I do!)

But the message on the back of the tote is what I'm admiring most today, and I intend to do exactly this and little else. How do you relax after Christmas each year?





7 comments:

  1. I'm taking a day of rest today, for sure! My children gave me an electric kettle for Christmas, and I'm about to try it out, brew a cup of "Downton Abbey Christmas Tea", and relax! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I could help! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely friend Frances is. Glad you got the journal you wanted. Wishing you and yours a blessed 2017. Enjoy your gift. We relax this week by looking over our gifts,since it is always a rush to open them on Christmas. Our cousin sent us a three pack of flavored tea, Gingerbread Spice ,Holiday Spice and Candy Cane.
    Marilyn and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree ... for me, the week following Christmas is a great time to regroup, recoup, and think about goals for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift! I can't say I'm experiencing 'down time' quite yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying having Lori staying with us, and tomorrow daughter-in-law, Samantha, and granddaughter, Isabella, are coming for a sleepover while we watch chick-flicks together. Wishing you and Alex a Happy New Year! Hugs, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what sweet tea-themed gifts Frances sent you! And I daresay that is a goldfinch on that memo book, haha. ♥ That was very kind and thoughtful of her to do such a nice thing. I do love the statement on back too - and that is precisely what I do after the craziness of the holidays.

    Today I had lunch at one of my favorite ladies luncheon places (French themed, very good menu) with my two daughters and my grandbaby girl. Was a very pleasant day...amnd was nice to totally ignore all the things I need and should be doing to just have some fun and not worry......not enought of these kinds of days, is there?

    Hugs. Happy New YEAR!


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!