Friday, October 28, 2016

Tiesta Tea's Nutty Almond Cream Herbal Tea

New tea packaging always catches my eye when I’m walking down the tea aisle in the grocery store. This week, Publix turned up a brand I’d not heard of before, Tiesta Tea. Several varieties looked intriguing, and I'll no doubt go back for the mango one soon (why didn't I just go ahead and get it?), but the "Relaxer" blend was singing to me.

And when I read "Nutty Almond Cream," it was a done deal, since I love almonds and I love cream! This blend contains apple pieces, almonds, cinnamon pieces, and beetroot, and as soon as I opened the package, I thought, "dessert tea." And when I steeped it?


Friends, I felt like I was drinking a liquid version of a HOT-OFF-THE-LINE KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUT. There. I've said it. Somehow, magically, this berry-colored brew tastes like Krispy Kremes. I tried a second cup, just to be sure. Still reminded me of those beloved Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Do I really need to say anything more?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, definitely a "must try"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious - next time I pass a Publix I will look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local Sprouts market only carries 2 flavors: Chamomile Lavender - no thanks, and Blueberry Wild Child. It is very good and super fun in color. People seem to enjoy it. Also, the tiesta tea brand of loose tea bags is only $5 for 100, so that's a great deal compared to world market with a competitive brand for only 40 bags around $5 as I recall. We don't have Publix here, but they do have a
    STORE LOCATOR at www.TiestaTea.com I just checked it, and interestingly, both Costco and Bed Bath and Beyond are listed in addition to regular super markets.
    There are some crazy interesting flavors listed. You might want to check it out!
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE from previous. After searching the store locator, if you then click on the store, it will tell you exactly which flavors are in stock!!! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tea that tastes like kk doughnuts needs to come home from the grocery store with me. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered some online after reading your description. Just tried my first cup and it is delicious!! Just like a cinnamon bun. Wonderful for a rainy afternoon. Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! Happy I can save us all a few calories while enjoying some tea! :)

      Delete
  7. I remembered to look for this today at the grocery store. Found it at Publix. Just finished having a cup and you are correct. I loved it. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Ginger! So did it remind you of Krispy Kremes? I had some more last week, and again, I felt I was drinking a doughnut—with much fewer calories!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!