Monday, June 13, 2016

Drinking like a fish …


If you hear a rumor that I was drinking like a fish this weekend, it's true! And we can blame (or credit) tea friend Margie in Canada! She recently was kind enough to send me some wonderful new teas to try, and I knew this Charm Villa Goldfish Tea was so special, I wanted to wait until I had a nice, relaxing weekend so I could enjoy this tea in a leisurely fashion, and I most certainly did!

I'd heard of these luxury tea bags before, but here in the US they sell for about $20 to $25 each (yes, each), so they were not exactly on my list of everyday tea bags to purchase. Fortunately for me, Margie has a friend who got these at a better price on a recent trip to Taiwan, so I was thrilled that Margie shared one with me. The perforated top zipped right off, and inside I found …

This! The top of the packet stays attached to the fish, as a sort of fishing pole, I suppose.

And boy, did I have fun once I put my little guy in the teacup and added boiling water! I used the string to pull him this way and that for the entire five minutes that the tea was steeping! So how did the tea taste? Well, I am very, very sorry to report that … it was amazing. To my almost dismay, this Champagne Oolong was absolutely divine and some of the best tea I've ever had. It had a delicate oolong flavor with a sweet finish, a very sophisticated taste that isn't quite like any other oolong I've had. So why the dismay? As I resteeped the fish and sipped cup after cup (because certainly I was going to get Margie's friend's money's worth out of this tea bag), I mourned the fact I can't drink this every day! Still, I am delighted to have experienced a new type of tea that I might never have gotten to enjoy otherwise. Thanks again, Margie!

11 comments:

  1. What a treat and so cute too. Glad the tea was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Angela. Your puny title cracked me up and I enjoyed seeing the fun photos. The goldfish teabag design is patented so I don't know if a North American company can create their own version. Even if they can, the knockoff goldfish teabag definitely wouldn't taste the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, you have so much good fun. Love this tea bag and glad it is a wonderful tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fascinated by the fish teabag when Margie first showed it and I'm glad she sent you one to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tea bag - not so sure I want to look at a fish though when sipping? CUte idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest teabag I've ever seen. I'm linking this post in my blog next Monday so more people can see it. Thank you, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! A funny idea...
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!