Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Tea Drinker … in red

I hadn't bought anything on eBay in ages, but recently I found this pretty red transferware teacup and saucer.

If you'll notice the design in the center of the teacup, you'll see that it features a young lady and gentleman having tea.

 The design is repeated on the saucer, the border of which features a classic red transferware pattern.

 I first saw this pattern two years ago and absolutely loved that this "Made in Holland" pattern is called "TEA DRINKER."
My first "TEA DRINKER" set was the small chipped and cracked brown version, at left, which I found at an antique mall in Florida and bought because of the design and pattern name. The red set is actually large enough for me to drink tea from, and it's a different shape than the other set, too. Now, I'm hoping to find a blue version, and then one day … a matching teapot!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found another teacup and saucer in this pattern, and I hope you'll have success in finding others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both absolutely lovely! And the search continues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a teacup I would love finding, especially in red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! I haven't seen that charming pattern before. What a perfect teacup for a tea lover and it's red too; my favourite transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great teacup, love the design!
    I will be on the lookout, thanks for sharing. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!