Friday, October 9, 2015

A new website to visit for tea history!


Actually, it's not a "new" website but a "new to me" website. I was looking up some history on tea one night when I was directed to the website of the National Archives. I can't believe I hadn't thought of visiting that website before, because a dear friend of mine used to work for the National Archives in Morrow. Of course they would have resources online!

The image above is from a 2012 exhibit titled "What's Cooking, Uncle Sam?" The exhibit was about the government's effect on the American diet, and you can click here if you'd like to visit the slide show for yourself. This particular image reminded me that we used to have a national board of tea tasters in this country. Are you curious why it ended? Then click here. (I find myself in agreement with Senator Harry Reid on this one!)

And if you're a history nut as I am, be sure to bookmark the National Archives website, where you can look up all kinds of fun stories and photos—on tea and lots of other topics as well!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, never sawit either, Angela! Appreciate the suggestion.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!