Tuesday, June 30, 2015

She sells seashells by the seashore …

Actually, I'm not technically selling any seashells, at the seashore or otherwise, but I did decide to play around with some to add a bit of a beachy touch to my tea trolley this month. My favorite part of this display is always that plain white teapot to which I hot glued seashells some years ago. They're still hangin' on!

And silly me, I had never thought of putting much of anything but tea in my glass teapot until I saw on Michele's blog one day that she was using hers as a candy dish to display Easter candy. A whole new world of possibilities opened up to me when I saw that photo. Really, what *can't* we display in a glass teapot?

I collect feathers along with seashells when I find them at the beach, so the teapot's spout seemed like the perfect place to display a few.

And of course some aqua and turquoise blue teacups seemed like just the perfect ones to display. I am trying so hard to patch together a new vignette on the tea trolley each month, and I barely made it for June this year. Whew!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! I especially like the seashells in the glass teapot. And all the pretty teacups of course. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely seashore theme you've added to your tea trolley this month. I love all things blue, and the aqua color is so light and airy. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your tea trolley and the monthly displays. I love how you placed the shore bird feathers in the spout. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And July is just around the corner. Will that one be red, white, and blue? Love your seashore display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so much fun being creative! I love your seashell tea trolley - a tea story to enjoy at the beach sounds so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ideas. I would not have thought to put anything in a clear glass tea pot. Love shells and all your beautiful cups, too. Also, love the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Angela! I also love the idea of using clear teapots to display items. So glad that I didn't get rid of my clear teapots during my fits of purging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great. Makes me want to go to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tea trolley looks perfectly decked out for summer - very pretty, Angela. So creative to use the clear tea pot for shells. I've always collected shells and it's nice to see them displayed. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!