Tuesday, April 28, 2015

An early birthday gift of azaleas!

I am forever amazed by the kindness of tea friends! Last week, Frances L. sent an e-mail saying she knew I had a birthday coming up and to expect a package. She hinted it had something to do with the azaleas I blogged about earlier in the week, and I wondered if maybe she was sending me an azalea cutting.

It didn't dawn on me that it might be teawares! When the package arrived, I discovered this beautiful vintage English teacup and saucer, made by Queen Anne, inside.

I almost never see azaleas on a cup and saucer, so I was especially delighted to receive such a lovely and thoughtful early birthday gift. It made my tea taste better that day, too. Funny how that works, isn't it?

10 comments:

  1. I don't ever recall seeing azaleas on a teacup. What a special gift for a Georgia gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you like it! Thank you for all the joy you bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! You certainly deserve thoughtfulness too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I don't think I've ever seen azaleas on a tea cup before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen azaleas on a teacup.
    It is a precious, beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Angela and so thoughtful of Frances. You don't see too many Azaleas on tea cups - I know you will treasure it. Happy Birthday! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a special gift! How very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!