Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Got an extra $26 million lying around?


I was looking up some interior design articles online when I happened upon a real estate listing in Washington state that caught my eye. It was for this $26.8 million home on Mercer Island, Washington. It's huge and gorgeous, naturally, but what most intrigued me was the next to the last line in the description: "Scone and tea room by the putting green." Now that's a luxury I could live with!

If you click here you can see the gallery of photos, but unfortunately the individual photos are not labeled. Now I am quite eager to know which one is the scone and tea room. It's the one "by the putting green," but I see lots of photos that I suppose could be by a putting green. (Any golfers reading today?) I'm guessing it's one of those pretty white rooms, but I don't see teawares or tea-themed art in any of the rooms to help me out here. Your thoughts?

Please let me know if you figure it out. Or if you decide to buy the house!

7 comments:

  1. It would be lovely to have a "scone and tea room" but there should be some teapots and teacups visible to identify it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what I was going to do with all my loose change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a home! I'd take my tea and scones in either one of those blue and white rooms - the airy one with views of the lake, or the one that looks like a lady's study. I'll have to wait until I get to Heaven to get my mansion, as I wouldn't begin to know what $1 million looks like much less $26 million! ;-) In the meantime I guess my tea and scone room is my office because that's where I've been spending the majority of my time lately - sipping lots of hot tea while working on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Seattle area resident...Mercer Island is a VERY expensive commuter area for Seattle...very exclusive! I have a tea & scone room in my home...it's a small chairside table with a book to hand! Priceless!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one! I wonder who lives there? I agree blue & white room with lake view - peaceful and pretty. Perfect for tea & scones - and a good book! Oh.....or reading one of your Saturday stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should buy it and be my (kinda sorta) neighbor!! I'll come to your tea and scone room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I could come for scones and tea too if you bought it.
    Couldn't figure out which room it was.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!