Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A pretty-in-pink Lu-Ray Pastels platter

A Goodwill store in Rome, Georgia, was the source for one of my new favorite serving dishes, this 13-inch oval platter from Lu-Ray Pastels.

I like the simplicity of the design, because this is something that can be dressed up or down.

According to the website Dishes Delmar, Lu-Ray Pastels debuted in 1938 and were discontinued in 1961. It is considered "the premiere pastel mid-century American dinnerware line." I found my "Sharon Pink" piece for just $1.91 at Goodwill, and I'm happy to have it. Check out this Pinterest board if you're interested in seeing more Lu-Ray Pastels—and then keep close tabs on your local Goodwill because you just may want some of these pretty dishes!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty--and I am not a pink person. I DO like vintage dishes, though, and I recognize that as a winner! I have not been to the Goodwill in Rome. There are not any Goodwills this far north, but I remember one in Marietta...I think. That is only about 2 hours from here so one day, I may give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that IS pretty! I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat, especially at that price! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must have been some copy cats during the time. My grandparents had yellow dishes that looked very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of Lu-Ray dishware until your post. Your new acquisition is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a lucky find. I have not heard of Lu-Ray, but it is so pretty in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find - we frequently use an oval dish for our dinner entrée - works perfectly. P.S. So glad to know you are home from your travels - safe and sound. Anxious for the photos and stories and tea time discoveries! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!