Friday, January 31, 2014

Sally Hansen Green Tea + Soy Cuticle Oil

This winter my hands and nails have seemed super dry, so when I was in line at T.J. Maxx last week I nabbed this package of Sally Hansen Green Tea + Soy Cuticle Oil.


When I opened the package, I was expecting some sort of roller ball thing but I realized it was a brush-on liquid, just like lip gloss.

It worked great at moisturizing my cuticles, but what most intrigued me about this product was the ingredients list. If you'll look near the end, it lists "camellia oleifera leaf extract," which is the only thing I can find that sounds like "camellia sinensis leaf extract," which I usually see listed on things said to contain green tea. According to Wikipedia, the camellia oleifera plant is known as a source of tea oil or camellia oil, which is a cooking oil and not to be confused with tea tree oil. I haven't even figured out what tea tree oil is yet, and now I have to go research tea oil too! It's so hard to keep up these days …

1 comment:

  1. So many ingredients I can't even pronounce. When I was in Taiwan I found tea tree oil for cooking with, but have not tried it. I am also intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!