Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Miniature Olive & Cheese Biscuits

A couple of times I have made those knock-off biscuits that taste like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster. It's so easy to make those (and recipes are all over the Internet) that I started to think how easy it would be to use these for tea sandwiches by making miniature biscuits using a similar base of Bisquick, water, and cheese — but without the buttery garlic topping. I played around and came up with these Miniature Olive & Cheese Biscuits, and I just loved them! In fact, I used them as "sandwich bread" and enjoyed three mini-biscuits with thin-sliced turkey for lunch one day.

The Mario brand of black olives I used came from the swag bag I got at the Food Blog South conference over the weekend.

It was great fun when I got home and discovered all the goodies they sent us home with ...

... including a sample of Charleston Tea Plantation Tea, some Grey Ghost cookies, and a box of those Moravian Cookies you've probably seen in the Harney catalog. Delicious freebies, all!

The olives, however, are what inspired me to make the miniature biscuits, and here's the easy recipe.

Miniature Olive & Cheese Biscuits

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup black olives, chopped in food processor
1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add all ingredients to a medium-size mixing bowl and stir just until combined. Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until biscuits are beginning to brown. Yields about 30 miniature biscuits.

11 comments:

  1. they look so pretty and my mouth is watering. two of my favorite things ... cheddar cheese and olives! thank you for the recipe. you are going to have a great time with your bag of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look delicious. Enjoy! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the swag bag of goodies. I don't think I've ever made biscuits with Bisquick but I may give your recipe a try. I like cheese and olive bread so know I'd like the biscuits.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great goodies from your recent conference. Glad to see tea was included in the goodie bag! Your biscuits look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of delicious goodies! I'm not such a fan of olives, but glad you are enjoying the biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have worked with Bisquick and cheddar cheese to make biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These olive and cheese biscuits look fantastic... and that swag bag looks like a foodies delight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! I sometimes make a cheddar cheese and olive ball, very delicious. I think the recipe is from one of the Elmwood Inn cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried the Grey Ghost cookies yet? My son and I got some of their Molasses Spice cookies in a sample box and they were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biscuits sound utterly delicious. Oh you have so many beautiful treats from that bag. How fun to receive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!