Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yogic Chai's Original Masala Chai

When I got invited to sample some of the award-winning Original Masala Chai from Yogic Chai, I of course said yes but I must admit I thought, "Chai is chai. I'm sure it will be fine." I couldn't imagine it would taste very different from other chai teas I have tried, and oh, was I wrong!

First, this "proprietary blend" from Yogic Chai just looks so very inviting. The ingredients include Fair Traded Organic Assam Tea, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Green Cardamom, Organic Cloves and Organic Ginger. When I opened the bag, I got an absolutely intoxicating whiff of the super spicy blend, and I loved it!

To make the chai, I added a teaspoon of the blend to 1-1/2 cups of half-water, half-milk, and boiled it for 5 minutes before straining off the chai. I opted for skim milk, and I was absolutely delighted with the rich flavor in my mug. This chai was so supremely easy to make, yet it had that sophisticated, rich chai taste I associate with specialty beverage shops. Count me a fan! And if you want to try some for yourself, visit the Yogic Chai website here.

6 comments:

  1. This sounded so yummy I just went a ordered 2 to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally reach for chai - but my daughter is a huge fan so will be sharing this info with her definitely.

    As always, thanks. Angela, for your awesome and trusted recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful and sounds delicious. I always marvel at how each brand of chai can have its own unique flavor.

    Your tea mug is charming!

    LaDonna
    Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! A friend of mine is friends of the owners of this company, so when you mentioned it I said to myself now I have heard of this company before. Now I have not tasted there chai, but it does sound yummy. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! And the tea in the bag is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!