Friday, May 10, 2013

Blue transferware tea & toast set

This has been the perfect week to really savor and enjoy some of my new birthday goodies, and this blue transferware tea and toast set from my friend Sandra is something I was so excited to receive! I've been so smitten with blue wares this year, and now I even find myself looking for Blue Willow and flow blue when I'm out at antique malls. I don't believe I've ever seen a blue transferware tea and toast set before, and I absolutely love this one!

I always enjoy the scenic views you find on these pieces, such as this one on the teacup. (And in case someone is wondering, there is no name of a maker on the bottom, just a deep blue mark of lions and a crown.)

The plate, too, has such great detail on it!

Here's a close-up view of the scene. I do love my collection of tea and toast sets, and I'm so happy to have a new one that sings the blues!

10 comments:

  1. I adore blue and white and love the tea and toasts sets (although I don't have any) and was absolutely smitten by this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty set. Tea and toast, comfort food I've turned to many times over the years. I don't have one of these sets so should look for one the next time I'm at the antique barn.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue and white tea and toast set is beautiful! Your girlfriend knew it would be greatly appreciated, and lovingly used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two sets of the tea and toast dishes. I did not know they were called tea and toast. I picked mine up at Mt. Vernon six or seven years ago. When I saw them I knew I had to have them. Mine are also blue and white. I would say the same shade of blue. Or very close. The design is different.

    A great gift for a tea lover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the thing I love most about transferware are the stories they tell by the artwork. This is a beautiful set and a special story is told. I could really get into collecting these tea and toast sets, but no, no I will not. I will just enjoy seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I need 20 of those before Wednesday! Wishful thinking, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love and collect transfer ware.

    Susie at Puddle Jumper Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I always love blue and white, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you bring me breakfast in bed tomorrow with one of those!

    Letting you know my blog address change:

    blog.bernideens.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!! How I'd love to have tea & toast on that beautiful set! I'm going to have to start hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!