Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tea Room Depression Glass Glasses

Well, it's a good thing I devote a little portion of my Christmas bonus each year to personal "mad money." And perhaps I should call it "glad money," because it certainly made me glad when I came across two very reasonably priced Tea Room Depression glass glasses the other day!

These had definitely been on my wish list for a while, but after I found a clear one for just $2 at an antique mall, I was extra cheap when cyber shopping for pink ones. Often, they've sold for $30 to $40 each. These? Just $7.99 each. Score!

And I'm always a little nervous when buying this Tea Room pattern online. That Art Deco design had so very many little points that could get nicked and chipped, but these glasses were just perfect. I'm still dreaming of the day I will have a tea party with four place settings consisting entirely of pink Tea Room Depression glass teawares. Maybe 2013 will be the year!

8 comments:

  1. Pink Depression glass has always been a favorite of mine. Your tea glasses are so pretty!
    Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2013 is the year you get to have your tea party with a Tea Room Depression Glass tablescape. It will be be beautiful! So glad you found two water goblets so reasonably priced in perfect condition. What a nice Christmas present to you from you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Angela, sometimes I think these desirables are just waiting for you to find them.
    A tea all dressed in pink depression glass will be so pretty.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dancing the happy dance for this great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. You could also use these as vases on a table. Great find. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found just what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your tearoom depression glass. If I were still collecting I would definitely be looking for these. They are beautiful, love art deco. It is by far my favorite era.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!