Monday, February 6, 2012

Peach-Pecan Tea Bread

When it comes to food, the power of suggestion holds great sway over me! I was reading a book the other day that merely mentioned Peach-Pecan Tea Bread, and that sent me off in search of a recipe so I could make some over the weekend. The result was this delightful snack consisting of the tea bread and some Simpson & Vail Peach Tea. Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Georgia is known as the Peach State, so I went here to look for recipes and found this one. The only change I made is that I substituted pecans for the walnuts. I love seeing the little bits of peach throughout each slice, and it made a nice, light afternoon snack.

The weekends are always a good time for me to try a new recipe. Do you do more baking on the weekends? Is there something new you've been wanting to try? I'd love to hear about it!

11 comments:

  1. As always, this one sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela
    I'll have to check out this recipe; give me a tea loaf any day over cakes and pies. I like to try new recipes and have decided this year to actually use my cookbooks instead of looking at the pretty pictures.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound good and you're right -- it *looks* pretty, which is so important for a tea table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peach everything, so I will be trying this,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    Would absolutely love that recipe, Angela! I have never had that before and it sounds fabulous!

    Such pretty chintz china tea snack set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so scrumptious! I was looking for something to bake for tea today...thanks so much!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious, it makes my mouth water. But I am on a diet so no baking here for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious! I love both peaches and pecans. Your photos are always lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yum! Would love to have a taste of this bread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe sounds delicious to go with tea. Love the sandwich tea set too, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What delicious looking bread - and I love the snack set that it's featured with, just lovely! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!