Thursday, September 8, 2011

When making fruit salads ...

Last weekend I made some frozen fruit salad and was draining the fruit before combining it with the other ingredients. I happened to have the fruit draining in a colander sitting atop the saucepan I used all summer to make Minted Simple Syrup.

I was about to pour out the fruit juices when it struck me that instead of making a fruit-flavored simple syrup, I already had one! This one is a combination of the juices from peaches, pineapple, maraschino cherries and mixed fruit.

And what a delightfully fruity sweetener this makes for iced tea! Next time you make something where you have to drain the fruit, you might try adding a bit of the leftover juices to your tea and see what you think. I liked it a lot!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Angela - what a great tip. We've been eating lots of fruit salads this summer and drinking lots of iced tea - both perfect for these hot days. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a great idea... ( ha ha) This is one I'm certainly going to try and know I will enjoy .. By the way ....Love your little glass teapot....Thanks for shairng ...CHEERS..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea. I will remember this next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!