Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A hankie with some history

While visiting an antique mall with my mom and aunt over the weekend, I saw a nice stack of vintage handkerchiefs in a booth. I always do a quick dig through the stack for any featuring Christmas designs (not always easy to find) and any with teapots on them (very hard to find!). This one caught my eye since it was marked Early American Historical Events. Hey, do you think it might have included that famous historical event that's especially interesting to us tea lovers? Hmm. I quickly took the handkerchief out of the plastic bag and unfolded it to see.

Yes! The Boston Tea Party made the cut! Sold!

My other find was this sweet little handled bowl in the Coronation Depression glass pattern. Both my treasures were under $5, so that made me happy as well. I'm hoping that by the time of the next coronation in England, I'll have enough Coronation pattern glassware to host a real "Coronation Tea Party." Kind of ironic, then, that I found this piece along with my Boston Tea Party commemorative handkerchief!

5 comments:

  1. You scored big time! Love that bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hankie!!! And I'm so into your new collection of glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Angela! That hankie is so neat - I love the design. The bowl is pretty too.
    Have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect finds. I love them both and a Coronation tea party would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!