Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Iced Tea Melts Fat!"

Woman's World is a magazine I haven't purchased in ages, but the excited headline on the cover got my attention at the grocery store the other day. Basically there's a new book out whose author claims drinking lots of tea, hot or iced, in conjunction with eating certain foods can ramp up the weight loss. Interesting. But those kinds of diets wear me out to even think about. Besides, at the first of the year I went back to an "old" eating plan that has worked for me before -- eat what I want but only when physically hungry, stop when pleasantly full (not stuffed), exercise 5 times a week -- and have lost 26 pounds, about a pound a week. I do believe tea is obviously a great addition to one's diet, and I know the flavored teas for me often take the place of a snack or sweet, so for that I am grateful.

What I most liked in this magazine, ironically enough, is some of the recipes! I was pleasantly surprised to find several pages devoted to cooking with herbs, including this gorgeous Rosemary-Orange Bundt Cake.

I also loved the look of these Lavender Shortbread Sandwich Cookies. Since this magazine is a weekly, I wanted to go ahead and mention it early this week so any of you who are interested can find a copy before the next one replaces it on the stands!

7 comments:

  1. That Rosemary Orange bundt cake with the pansies is beautiful! I'll have to look for this issue,thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the 26 pounds!! That's the way it is supposed to be done! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the weight loss!!! I bought this magazine to take on a trip, and haven't readi it yet. I did, however, take a peek at the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, Congratulations on your weight loss - that's great! This issue looks good, I'll have to pick one up. Thank you, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have "The Ultimate Tea Diet" book by Mark Ukra. What is the newer book? Wow, 26 pounds - that's great.

    That looks like a good issue of Woman's World and those Lavender Shortbread Sandwich Cookies sure appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Angela! Congratulations on your weight loss. Amazing!
    I am also a big fan of tea and I know that tea helps you lose weight, when combined with a healthy diet and exercise. Tea alone won't do miracles.
    Currently Wu Yi tea, a famous Oolong tea seems to be one of the best slimming teas as it contains more polymerized polyphenols than any other type of tea, allowing you to suppress lipid metabolism and fatty oxidation.
    Have you ever tried it? It's really good and healthy!
    Once again congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!