Monday, July 11, 2011

Blueberry-Peach Cobbler with Earl Grey Streusel

My mother was clearing her freezer of frozen blueberries this weekend in preparation for the blueberry picking that is about to commence, so I was happy to help her out by bringing home a few bags of this fruity goodness. I looked online for a little baking inspiration, but the recipes I found were either too difficult (I don't want to read through endless computer screens for a recipe) or too easy (dump in blueberry pie filling and top with biscuit dough). I decided to experiment with my own recipe and here's what I came up with. My husband said "Bullseye!", and I have to say I rather like this myself!

Blueberry-Peach Cobbler with Earl Grey Streusel

2 cups frozen blueberries
2 fresh peaches, diced
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Earl Grey teabags
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix fruit and pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Mix flour, sugar and egg until coarse and crumbly. Open teabags, add tea to the other streusel ingredients and mix well. Spoon streusel over fruit, then drizzle with butter. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I love that fruit combination and the Earl Grey Streusel idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I must buy some peaches and try this recipe. I've never tried adding tea leaves to a recipe; I've only added brewed tea. Adventure ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, oh this looks delicious! I am going to try this, thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!