Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Elisir di Rocchetta Red Tea with Peach

Perhaps I should stop taking those detours down the tea aisle at T.J. Maxx. Technically I was birthday shopping for my mother, but who can pass up a quick glance at the new teas? This time there was a bottled Elisir di Rocchetta Red Tea with Peach. And oh my goodness, was this thing ever good! (And at $2.99 for one little 11.1-ounce bottle, it had better be!) But this was the first tea I'd come across that was a product of Italy, so curiosity got the better of me.

As soon as I removed the cap I got a nice whiff of peach scent, which, as a lifelong Georgia girl, I loved. And oh, the taste! Now I haven't had a good sugary drink in ages, but I must say I enjoyed each and every one of those 24 grams of sugar in this drink. Of course it also contained red tea extract, hibiscus and peach juice, and the combination was utterly delicious -- if not exactly an everyday drink. Still I say: Mmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Oboy, I'd love this, except for the sugar part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds delicious! I'll put it on my 'to try' list.
    Thanks for the review & have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!