Friday, January 28, 2011

Ahmad English Tea No. 1

Tea lovers are just some of the nicest folks I know! This box of tea was dropped off at the office just last week by a lovely local woman I met at our Tea for Toys event back in December. She told me she became a fan of this tea while on a trip to England, and when she got back home she found she had to order an entire case of it if she wanted some. She did, and she shares!

I love the box design, and even the graphics on top are just lovely!

But most of all, I can now see why this tea was a favorite. It makes a nice strong brew, the perfect thing when you want a cup of straight-up black tea with no frou-frou flavorings, as I sometimes do. I was also happy to see the teabags are well-preserved in foil lined pouches and not those paper packets which seem to go flat sooner. If you've got to order a case of tea to enjoy this flavor, it's nice to know it will last!

7 comments:

  1. Angela - I am happily surprised to see my favourite tea featured on your site this morning.
    I wrote about this tea on my blog, Chances R, October 25, 2009, under the title "Polly Put the Kettle On". One of my later blogs also shows the Ahmad teapot I found at TJ MAXX in Louisville.
    Happy English No. 1 tea drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this type of Ahmad tea, but it sounds like something I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading to London in a couple of months so I will have to look for this tea! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, this looks like a tea I'd like to try. I like the design too. Have a great weekend, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased a box of Ahmad tea in London because I liked the tin. I believe it can sometimes be found at TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tea is everywhere in London! I recall seeing it in every shop, grocery, etc., when I was there a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging on the teabag is pretty. I have had samples of this tea. I think I got them at the tea expo. They are long gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!