Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Teapot shortbread cookies

Sunday after church I decided I'd try making shortbread cookies with a teapot cookie mold I bought on eBay several years ago. It was the first time I'd ever used this mold, and it worked really well. Each cookie is rather large, about 6 x 5-1/2 inches.

Here's a close-up of one of the cookies. Can you see the holly leaves near the "lid" and the stars on the body of the teapot? If not, that's OK.

Because you can see them here, on the cookie mold! The only problem was, I have only one of these cookie molds and had to bake these cookies one at a time, which is definitely not the most efficient way to bake. (And I also felt guilty about wasting energy baking a single cookie at a time, but what can I say? Desperate times call for desperate measures.) This cookie mold isn't marked, but I've seen others like it on eBay described as Mary Engelbreit cookie molds, and the style certainly resembles hers. Brown Bag Cookie Art has a similar mold selling for about $20 on eBay right now, but I'm not willing to pay that. Hopefully, by next Christmas I will have acquired two more teapot cookie molds and can bake three of these at once, saving time, energy ... and sanity!

8 comments:

  1. Your teapot shortbread cookies look wonderful. I have some of those molds, but I've never seen the teapot. I haven't baked my shortbread yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an aluminum teapot cutter that I use throughout the year but have never seen a ceramic one. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mold turned out very nice shortbread and I noticed the details before you had pointed them out.
    It sure must have been time consuming to bake the cookies one at a time but they'll be a real treat for some special friends.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those do look delicious, Angela!
    I love the design of that mold, it looks like a Mary Engelbreit design to me. Maybe 'Santa' will bring you some more holiday molds.
    Happy Holidays, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm sure baking was time consuming, the cookies turned out great. Maybe you will find some more on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the holly on the cookies. I like the cookies molds, but don't really like using them. I use to hang them on my wall, but only one is sitting out right now acting as a trivet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mold cookies can be tricky to make and have them hold their shape. Springerle, which we make with wooden molds, are a staple Christmas food in our household when I go home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, you can mold several cookies and bake them on a cookie sheet at one time. Many cookie molds aren't meant to be baked in, just to mold the cookie. Check out these instructions.

    http://www.brownbagcookiemolds.com/hints.shtml

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!