Thursday, March 25, 2010

A cozy Christmas gift - in March!


I have a confession to make: Until this week I have never owned a fabric tea cozy. Yes, I've got one I crocheted, one I knitted and a beautiful mauve-pink knitted one that was a gift from a thoughtful reader, but I've never had one of those pretty, thick fabric cozies until yesterday. My friend Ruth and I were meeting for lunch at Holly Cottage Tea Room, and it was there she gave me my Christmas present! (Ladies at the tearoom kept asking, "Oh, is it someone's birthday?" and Ruth just laughed and explained we simply haven't had a chance to get together before now. Unable to catch my gardener friend at home last Christmas, I had left her gift, a teapot planter, on her porch.)

Ruth told me she found this gorgeous tea cozy in the Victorian Trading Co. catalog, and I just love it! When I opened it, I immediately had to touch the glazed chintz fabric.

When I reached inside to fluff it out, however, I touched rich, regal velvet. "It's reversible!" my friend proudly exclaimed, and so I proudly reversed it! This is really a two-for-one tea cozy, which I will enjoy using in its floral version now and in the lush red velvet version at Christmas, Valentine's, and if need be, the Fourth of July!

10 comments:

  1. That is a pretty tea cozy. I don't think I've seen a reversible one before and in such nice fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cozy! You and your friend are making me feel a little better, Angela. I have gifts from the past TWO Christmases that I have yet to get to my friend. Hopefully, I can take care of things before it becomes three---- B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful & beautiful gift! I know your friend will be thought of with much love every time it gets used. (Which I bet will be often)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty tea cozy. You will really enjoy having it. I use mine all the time, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! And it's reversible -- even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics used! I use the one that I won all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty cozy. I would say it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! I have never seen one that is reversible before either. You did make out girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely, Angela. Your friend Ruth picked a beauty. I really do love to use a cozy.....enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!