Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tea & Quilts - Part 2


Unlike the projects yesterday, these quilts aren't on the cover of their respective publications, but I hope these "inside photos" will at least give you an idea of what the piece looks like. This "Dancin' Teapots" quilt was featured in the Jan/Feb 2006 issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. I recently read that this pattern has been published in a book along with several variations of the pattern.

"Tea With Lemon" was featured in "Quilting for Everyday Celebrations!" 2005, a special issue from Quiltmaker's magazine.

"Tea Time" is the name of this needleturn applique quilt pattern featured in Quick Quilts #5, a 2008 magazine.

"Tea Time" is also the name of this pretty applique quilt, featured in the May/June 2006 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine.

This "Coffee Klatch" wall hanging appeared in Patchwork Quilting magazine #29 from 2006. The block is actually called "Coffee Cups" and first appeared in the Kansas City Star newspaper in 1935.

And coffee also gets the credit in this wallhanging of a stack of cups and saucers, from the Spring 2006 issue of Quilts and More magazine. The piece is titled "Sidewalk Cafe," but I think it would be quite simple to applique the word "Tea" instead of "Cafe."

Kaffe Fassett's "Quilt Road" includes this gorgeous, brightly-colored "En Kopp Te Til Kaffe Quilt." I have no idea what that means. Coffee with Kaffe, maybe? Anyone?

A tea-themed quilt is also in the book "Tea Party Time" by Nancy Martin, and I wrote about it here.

If you love Old Country Roses, go to FourTwinSisters.com for a free, downloadable pattern to applique a teapot that looks very much like the OCR teapot. (Click on free quilt patterns, then look for the "Household" category on the bottom left of the screen, and you'll see the pattern for China Teapot.)

There is also a great link here for more free patterns. And as someone has already thoughtfully done with yesterday's post, please feel free to list any other tea-themed quilt patterns you know about!

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea that there are so many wonderful tea themed patterns out there. I'd love to try the appliqued teapot from the Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine. It has such a great shape. And thanks for the links to all the amazing applique patterns.

    The first quilt I ever made has nine blocks, each with a different teapot. It is hanging in my dining room. I think it is time to get back into sewing and quilting. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing quilts for the past 2 days. I wish I had time to sew. With a 4 month old, that's not happening right now. I look forward to seeing what you make for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,
    I've been gone for a few days and have had a good time catching up. I AM NOT a quilter and have NEVER wanted to be one. There are not many quilts that even appeal to me. But I must tell you those tea pot patterns have awaken an interest.
    You know it's funny, at Christmas I met a woman in the Newnan Quilt shop. I told her I had absolutely NO interest in ever quilting. Her remarks were- "You will". She was right!- Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy tea and I enjoy beautiful quilts. But, I have never developed any interest or enthusiasm for quilting! However, I know better than to say "never" because there was also a time when I had no interest in antiques! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a quilter myself, but this is a beautiful table runner. https://flic.kr/p/2oetdyJ pattern available Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!