Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th tea-infused Jell-O


If you're like me, on the Fourth of July each year you've probably made your share of Flag Cakes (stripes out of bananas and strawberries, stars out of blueberries) and red, white and blue Jell-O concoctions. Today, I planned to use some of the girlfriend-grown blueberries in some berry-flavored Jell-O I had in the cabinet. Only I got ready to make it, and all I had was sugar-free LEMON Jell-O. Uh-oh. Yellow, white and blue just wouldn't do.

Enter those Strawberry White Tea teabags from Snapple and a few drops of red food coloring. I infused the 1 cup of boiling Jell-O water with the strawberry tea, added a couple of drops of red food coloring, and voila: very berry (and patriotic) Jell-O. You know what they say: Necessi-tea is the mother of invention! Happy Fourth, Y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever and sounds delicious.
    HAPPY 4th to you & GOD BLESS AMERICA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooooo refreshing, Angela! Very clever, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Hope you had a good 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like it would be really good. I'll have to try some tea jello recipes too. How about orange with India spiced or lime with Earl Grey - there are so many combinations to try. Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!