Friday, October 12, 2007

My Upton tea order


Friends, this will have to be brief: there's an estate sale opening in 32 minutes at the end of my street, reported to have china, silver, and all manner of good stuff. Need I say more?

But I did want to report on some lovely new teas I got in the mail from Upton last night. After reading that book about herbal teas last week, I had a hankering to try some Rose Hips herbal tea, said to be packed with Vitamin C and with a tart, floral taste. It was great! I was also VERY pleased with the tea filters I got from Upton. They are $3.80 for 100, much cheaper than the $7.95+ I'm seeing for this same box of filters in the tea shops. (And standard shipping is just $3.80, which I find an incredible bargain.)

But the most fun part of the package was opening the smaller packets, the samples of tea I ordered. Melange de Chamonix is an Indian tea blended with cocoa, cardamom and a hint of cinnamon. The smell was just divine! The tea was delicious, and even more delicious was my other sample, Green Rooibos Poire Creme. Here's the description: "A pleasing blend of green rooibos and sunflower petals, flavored with pear and cream." Here's my review: "Yummmmm!" Highly, highly recommended. I'll be ordering a full size package of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!