Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hello, (Brown) Betty!


I thought I'd tell you a bit about some of the items in the new blog photos at the top of this page. Like my beloved Brown Betty teapot. A Christmas gift from my friend Ruth a few years ago, this teapot is the only Brown Betty I own.

Currently this classic teapot sits on a decorative metal tray on the hearth in the living room, but like all my teapots, I have indeed tried it out. This is one of the teapots I like using on a cool fall or winter day when I'm going to be enjoying a large quantity of tea.

I've read that the Brown Betty is the best designed teapot, but I've heard two different reasons given for this. Some say the clay used to make the pot is the best for retaining heat. Elsewhere, I've read that no, it's simply that the design of the pot works so well in steeping tea. Its round belly allows tea leaves the most amount of room for swirling around and releasing the flavor of the tea. I think my reason for enjoying the Brown Betty is best of all, though: It was a gift from a dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!