Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tea & Creativity


It's been a rather hectic week at work, so one of the things I'm looking forward to when my ever-racing mind settles down a bit is this: having a little fun with some creative tea-themed art projects I've had brewing (or should I say steeping?) for a while.

I want to play around with rubber-stamping some tea notecards, tea party invitations and bookmarks, and I want to turn one of those miniature black and white composition books into a dolled-up notebook dedicated to keeping tea-related notes. I recently got a great new papercrafts idea book, "The Foof-A-Life," which contains some Shabby Chic, altered art, collage-y type projects, and it has inspired me to finally use some rubber stamps I've been saving for a special occasion. These (at left in the picture) are from the Mad Tea Party Collection by Catherine Moore (they're at characterconstructions.com), and I love the whimsical nature of these designs.

Don't you love the teapot on the woman's head? The woman looks a wee bit cranky, which reminds me of me (or is she merely pensive? I can't decide ...), and I also like the old-fashioned fonts used for the letters which spell out TEA. So I'm not sure what this project wants to be yet, but I have a feeling "The Creativity Fairy," as the Foof-A-Life gals would say, is about to pay a visit to my house ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!