Monday, March 12, 2007

An Agreeable Hour

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." So said Henry James, and so say I! Yesterday I got to take tea at the new home of my longtime tea-lover friend Beth here in Newnan. It was the first time I've seen her new place, and it was so pretty. She has lovely, feminine things all over, and the bedrooms were truly bed-and-breakfast charming: Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic prints on the bed linens, a white wicker breakfast tray, roses everywhere. Her tea table, too, was resplendent with linens and fresh roses. Ahhh ... Henry James wrote about the "hour" dedicated to tea, but with my friends it's more like "hours." Why hurry when you're being treated to homemade pimiento cheese finger sandwiches (and classic cucumber), pink-rose-decorated petit fours, chocolate treats such as buckeyes and hand-dipped strawberries? I drank cups and cups of delicious Chocolate Hazelnut tea, and it was just a yummy afternoon, all the way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!